is an autoimmune disorder of the small intestine that causes a severe reaction to gluten in genetically predisposed people of all ages from middle infancy onward.
Symptoms include pain and discomfort in the digestive tract, chronic constipation and diarrhoea.
Patients with coeliac's disease must completely remove gluten from their diet. This is distinct from the increasingly common reporting of symptoms when excessive gluten is consumed.
• Routine appointments should be requested a week in advance. Please advise the receptionist which doctor, and if a long (double) appointment is likely to be required, all new patients require a long first visit.
• Patients are requested to advise the receptionist when booking, if you need a longer appointment or require an interpreter.
• Whilst every effort is made to offer an appointment with your preferred Doctor, this may not be possible for urgent care.
• Some Emergency Only appointments will be available each day for Acute illness only.
•Home visits can be requested by genuine housebound patients within a 3km radius.
•Repeat Prescriptions/Referals require a brief appointment.
•Follow up of results - You are welcome to ask the receptionist to check if your doctor has marked your results as normal, or if follow up is needed. In the case of significantly abnormal results, you will be contacted by phone, or if unsuccessful a letter will be posted.
• Reminder/Recall System. We regularly send out sms/letters to patients to remind them of preventative health checks or to recall for follow up of investigations.
• Non-Attendance. As a courtesy to other patients and staff, we request, that if you are unable to attend a booked appointment, that you phone to advise us at least 1 hr prior.
07 4053 2482